7/27/2005; 9:26:49 AM by MM
7/26/2005; 11:27:29 PM by MM
- Wireless Security Story
- If starting out new, look for 802.11g and WPA-enabled devices.
- Longer focus on easy steps you can take today on your 802.11b WEP network.
- Stop broadcasting SSID/change default
- Turn on WEP key
- MAC filering
- If you have a lot of company that uses their own machines, this might not be a good option.
- Know limitations/plan accordingly
- Use two routers to segment wireless traffic from wired.
- Only use wired PC's to do online banking, etc.
- What to do with an outliner?
- Keep running story ideas for 2Guys2Cities.blogspot.com tech articles so people can know what I'm working on and comment on stories?
- Other ideas?